Have millions of professional services volunteers (PSVs) in our directory for donors to sponsor that work millions of hours each month to improve their local charities and receive student debt financial repayment for their time.
Solve the world's student debt crisis while also solving the critical need of professional service help for charities to improve their organizationís productivity, efficiency, etc.
Charity For Student Debt (CSD)
is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) in good IRS status since 2009. We are dedicated to securing financial student loan debt freedom for professionals that have a large amount of student loan debt. We do this by enabling our professionals, from within our directory, to be paid up to $25/hour toward their student loan company, for providing their skills to a local charity that the donor helps to choose. Donors give money and get a tax write-off. Donors choose a region, a giving amount, and a charity sector. Charity for Student Debt selects pre-screened professionals within our directory system that will use the donation given (minimum of $1,000 before 1 person goes through project) - to pay for a pre-defined work project that a charity desperately needs. Donors keep up with progress through blog journaling by all actively working PSVs in our system.
Donors receive twice the benefit for their annual donation through our unique giving model. A local charity gets professional services from highly educated people with lots of student loan debt and the PSV that racked up all that student debt, can get paid $25/hour to spend with that local charity in their spare time to solve specific, measurable problems. CSD takes 20% of the transaction for operational fees while 80% of all donations goes directly to the student loan company. Donors are asbolutely assured their money is being used to help the local community they choose. The PSV gets their loan debt paid off for their time and a charity gets an important project worked on at zero financial cost to the charity. We think it is a brilliant model that will change the world for the better!
is to obtain at least 300 interested volunteers, 20 partner non profits, and $10,000 in donations to pilot two projects in Washington DC and Dallas TX. Be the first to sign up
as volunteer and help us get this project off the ground!
Our Facebook Group
Submit an Application to be a paid Volunteer Here!
- We were chosen at the Organization of the Month on a Fundraising Blog - view blog posting here.
- We are partnering with a great DC non profit - For Love of Children (www.floc.org).
- The law firm Hunton and Williams (www.hunton.com) has agreed to provide legal work pro bono! Thank you David and Frank!
- We have 5 generous donors who have agreed to be sponsors so far!
- We are being contacted by non profits left and right and plan to have a large pool of volunteer activities for our volunteers to choose from
- We are in discussions with a person in South Africa who wants to start up a Charity for Debt "franchise" for her community.